Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Amazing what your mind processes while your body is working



Dave & I have been getting up at the crack of dawn these days. We've been heading out on our tandem at daybreak to assure that we make the time to get in a ride whenever we can -- daily if possible! And since it's mid-July, it's also the coolest part of the day.

Sometimes I feel a little groggy first thing in the morning, but I find that the early morning rides are beneficial in so many ways! Not only does it get me going so that I feel energetic and ready to accomplish a lot throughout the hours ahead, but at the same time, it leaves me feeling relaxed. The quiet of the morning while exercising offers an opportunity to sort out what needs to get done in my own mind, and lets me prioritize. It's a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. I frequently share your cycling "view" but never frequently enough. My husband and I were warned that a tandem is a great relationship accelerator. Fortunately for us, we must have been headed in the right direction.

    I saw your announcement on the NBW list. DJ and I also took our honeymoon on the wheels of a tandem but through a tour of the Adirondacks. I hope we can join you for your fun(d) ride in September!

    ReplyDelete